Will you be popping in at a city for a couple of hours before you take your next flight? Do have around 24 hours in your hand? Well then there are a number of options that you can try out.
You can always spend the time at the airport but if you are up for a long flight in the following few hours, then you ought to take proper rest. And for that the smarter option would be to book a hotel rather than spending the night at the airport. Well if you want to make sure that you have a comfortable transit, then here are a few things that you can do:
- The first and the most important thing as mentioned before is to book a hotel, if you have at least 7-8 hours in hand. There are plenty of hotels for unmarried couples in Mumbai or any other major metropolitan through which you will be transiting and you can book rooms on an hourly basis. This will help you to save up a lot of money, rather than booking a room overnight. Most of these hotels do not require any prior booking and hence getting a room here is easy-peasy. This is an option that you can surely try out.
- If you are up for it and if you have enough time in your hands, then you can opt for a short sightseeing tour! Locate some of the important places to visit that will fall on the way to the airport and your hotel and you can visit them on your way to the hotel or back to the airport. Keep it short; depending on the time you have and do not miss your flight just because you were busy sightseeing around the place.
- It is very important to eat light and good quality food before you catch a long flight. So it is best that you keep your meal as light as possible and avoid street food. Have good quality food from a branded and recognised eatery because you really cannot afford to fall sick onboard a flight. If need be have a digestive medicine to keep your system in order. Thus be very careful about what you eat, from where you eat and how much of it you eat.
- You can always find some time for a little shopping. You can shop at the airport or if you manage to find some time, then at the local market place. This is something that you can seriously try out when you stop for a transit and a lot of people do, do this.
- And last but not the least, make sure that you have your luggage with you at all times. If the transfer is an automatic one from flight to flight then you need not worry, but if it is overnight, then you will have to carry your luggage and make sure that all of them are there.
So, be careful as well as get the rest that you need during a transit before a long flight.