Like the US ESTA or the EU ETIAS, the electronic visa India has been introduced by the local authorities since May 2015. This formality is operational in the 25 airports of the country like Bagdogra or Chennai and in the 5 Indian ports like Mangalore and Mumbai. Therefore, anyone wishing to travel to India must go with this procedure.
The Conditions to Benefit from the Electronic Visa for India
To benefit from the electronic visa India, the tourist is invited to apply online. There is no need to go to the Indian consulate to prepare the paperwork, because everything happens only on the internet. For this purpose, it is conceivable to carry out the request at home or at the office with computer equipment connected to the internet.
Everyone is not allowed to obtain this type of electronic visa. Only nationals of 102 countries such as Kenya, Anguilla, Argentina and Thailand can benefit from this new formality. In case the traveler does not meet this condition, he can make a request for the traditional visa at the competent authorities.
Those wishing to reside permanently in India must also consult the consulate, since they cannot enjoy this new approach. The latter is valid for businessmen and tourists. Other reasons like medical treatment or yoga are also allowed.
Except for the electronic visa, the person must bring a valid passport for 6 months from the date of arrival in India. The continuation or return ticket is also a mandatory paperwork to travel to India.
The Main Advantages of the Electronic Visa for India
Since the introduction of the electronic visa for India, it becomes quite easy to visit the river Ganges and explore the city Varanasi. It is possible to do without formal visa application procedures, which requires a lot of time and money.
Currently, everything is done online. Just connect to the specialized site that handles the request. Once the form is completed, all that remains is to pay the expenses of the file to prepare the trip. According to the regulars, the cost is less expensive than the amount spent on the traditional visa application.
All the information provided in the questionnaire is recorded in high security formalities by the Indian authorities. Only the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has access to this data. Thanks to all these advantages, contemplating the India tour becomes possible.
The Conditions to Be Fulfilled at the Obtain Indian E-Visa
Today India e-Visa is very easy; you just need to meet the following conditions:
- A recent photograph
- A scan of the passport must be downloaded.
- Passport required on arrival must be valid for at least six months.
- The passport must contain at least two blank pages.
- The e-visa must be printed and you must take it with you.
- On arrival, the biometric data are taken.
- Your travel documents for your return will be required.
- Valid only at airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bangalore, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum and Varanasi and sea gates Cochin, Goa and Mangalore.
- The e-visa is not valid for arrival at the airport.
- You can leave India through one of the immigration checkpoints (ICPs).
- Up to two electronic visas per calendar year.
- No access to protected areas or cantonment areas.
- Note: You must apply at least 4 working days in advance. After that, it is impossible to apply for an electronic visa.