Loyalty programs, generally, are such programs that let you earn points. These points, then, can be redeemed to upgrade your cabin, paying for flight ticket charges, and for several other benefits. So, here is your guide to choosing the best available program.
If you are a novice in the world of reward programs of airlines, you must be feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the choices in front, right? While all of them promise to provide something more than the other, the reality might be completely different.
Therefore, before you take a plunge and dive into the realm of reward programs, you should be sure of the fact that you are selecting nothing but the best. And, this guide will help you do exactly the same. Read here and know how you can choose the best program.
- Analyse your Past Travel Records: The primary intention of analysing your past travel records is to figure out places that you have been visiting quite often. If you have been roaming within the territory of your country, you would require a different plan than those who frequently take flights for abroad. If you do both, then you should go with an airline program that operates both domestically and internationally. Also, check out the airlines that you usually choose. Compare their programs and short-list those that match your requirements.
- Benefits That are Important to You: When it comes to assessing perks, you are going to have a lot of fun, for sure. Before you begin the comparison, list down all the benefits that you’d like to have. Also, try to prioritise them. Some of the benefits that you may like to consider are lounge access, extra baggage allowance, priority check-in, etc. For instance, if you want to gain lounge access at airports, joining a frequent flyer program with a suitable co-brand credit card may be the right option. This is because if you go through a regular flyer program without a credit card, you may have to wait to get lounge access till you reach higher tiers of the program.
- Alliance Airline Partners: An airline alliance is a kind of an agreement that is done between two or multiple airlines for cooperation. Thus, you should be checking out the kind of alliance partners your principal airline has. While you may refer the principal airline for most of your travel, having the right alliance partners would ensure you never miss out on the opportunity of earning air miles even when flying with an alliance partner. There are 3 major airline alliances- Star Alliance, SkyTeam, Oneworld.
- Ease & Options of Redeeming Airmiles: Generally, there is no shortage of nitty-gritty that you would be doing to gather air miles. Although amassing these miles is not as challenging and complicated as it used to be, however, redeeming them may cause certain problems, if you don’t have a supported airline program. Hence, ensuring that you would not face any problems redeeming or using air miles should be a considerable aspect.
- Keeping a Tab on Reviews: By displaying users’ reviews to a wide set of audience, the internet has made it easier to make a decision carefully. So, when it comes to selecting a loyalty program, it is recommended to read and understand previous or existing users’ experience to figure out what to expect from a certain program. It will help in to make a fair decision.
Despite all the advantages that reward programs may provide, if not selected carefully, you may even have to handle some repercussions as well. So, keep these aforementioned points in mind and grab the best program to travel anywhere you would want.